Why Waldorf is for you

Explore, Investigate... Be Inspired

The goal of Haleakala Waldorf High School is to graduate balanced, well-rounded, compassionate individuals who are up standers not bystanders and who are ready to make a difference in the world. An education that inspires, transforms,and provides a basis upon which to live one’s life is worth pursuing.

Become part of Haleakala Waldorf High School’s community of learners! Our aim is to sharpen your understanding of our vast and complex world, broaden your capacity to thrive with other human beings, and strengthen your ability to translate thoughts and plans into action. At Haleakala Waldorf High School, you will build capacities for focus, self-awareness, intellectual skills, and confidence, as well as the ethical conviction to dare to act freely, pursue your dreams, and bring your own individuality into the world. 

The Waldorf approach to learning is hands-on and interdisciplinary. At Haleakala Waldorf High School, collaboration is a daily experience, and you spend considerable time applying classroom-based concepts to real-world applications. When studying trigonometry, you survey the campus and surrounding area; in physics, you build the circuitry that allows a computer to add numbers; in geometry, you draft architectural drawings and in creative writing, you add your own original scenes to famous plays. The program is highly engaging,  and you are encouraged to learn for learning’s sake and to experience the joy of learning with like-minded classmates.

Check out this video to find out why our students think Haleakala Waldorf High School is such a special place and the best possible fit for them: